These are my top favorites I read this year. What do you think? Any suggestions on what I need to read next? Thanks for stopping by...Happy Holidays!!
10. Broken World --- Kate L. Mary This one is zombie light. Not as much gore and brain eating, but more of a survival story.
9. Broken Monsters---Lauren Beukes A great mix of grit, suspense, interesting characters, and eerie feelings. Sadly, I am still confused by this one. It could have been great but fell a little short.
8. The Ice Twins---S.K. Tremayne A lovely haunting mystery. Some of the twists are not hard to figure out, but you will enjoy getting there.
7. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania---Erik Larson Mr. Larson is my go to for historical reads. If you find the Titanic interesting, you should check out the Lusitania!
6. Sweet---Emmy Laybourne An enjoyable, quick, horror read for those who like their humor dark. A little too gory and I was not thrilled with the ending but it was memorable.
5. The Titanic: The History and Legacy of the World's Most Famous Ship From 1907 to Today---Charles River Editors This is the definitive collection for the Titanic curious.
4. Two Weeks: A True Haunting--- Rebecca Patrick-Howard I am a HUGE horror fan and it takes a lot to scare me. This story was nightmare inducing.
3. Big Little Lies---Liane Moriarity A murder mystery wrapped in a clever disguise of a tale of friendship
2. Frozen Charlotte--- Alex Bell You know a book is super creepy when just discussing with a non-reader freaks them out!!! Alex Bell Rocks!
1. Ravensbruck: Life and Death in Hitler's Concentration Camp for Women--- Sarah Helm One of my favorite and most informative books of The Holocaust that I have ever read. Life changing!
You can check out everyone else's Top Ten Lists Here: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2015/12/top-ten-best-books-we-read-in-2015.html
Thursday, December 10, 2015
First I must admit that I am a Remini fan! I think she is Sassy and a Total Spitfire!! I have never really grasped the concept of Scientology, and after reading, I must admit I still do not get it. In my opinion it is cult who preys on those with cash and the famous. It seems to be ruled with mind control and isolation. I did enjoy reading about Leah's life. She has come a long way and should be proud. I am glad that her family has her back and were willing to step out of the only life they knew to support her. If you are interested in her life or Scientology at all this one is worth reading. There is also quite a bit of gossip about several stars.
I was expecting a cheesy mess, but what I got was a huge Surprise!! I Loved this movie. I am a huge fan of horror movies and have a special place in my heart for the 80's horror series (i.e........Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th). The makers of this film obviously wanted to send a shout out to those 80's flicks. This movie is the perfect mix of horror, comedy, suspense, and romance. The relationship between the main character and her deceased mother is especially intriguing. I highly recommend checking this one out! One on my favorites this year!