NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Book Review: The Girl With All The Gifts

This is a new take on zombies and the story holds much potential. The beginning is very well written with the main character Melanie being held in some type of cell. She is taken out into a classroom while strapped to a chair and forced into a muzzle. Of course you are thinking, what is going on here? Not many answers are given near the beginning, but there are plenty of questions and a good build up of suspense. 
The middle of the story was blogged down with many unnecessary facts and figures. The storyline began to move at a snail's pace. My mind started to wander and I was wondering if I would be able to finish the book.
When the ending finally rolled around, the action finally picked back up. I really liked the ending. I found Melanie to be a very enduring character. I really think shortening the book could have made this a four or five star read. The center of the storyline was just too boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment