NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Friday, December 30, 2016

Book Review: Faithful by Alice Hoffman

I finished this one really quickly. I saw myself in Shelby. I have experienced many of these things she has had to deal with. I was really wondering how Hoffman was going to rescue Shelby and help her start over. I loved how she introduced James. The story has a fairy tale quality to it. Shelby cannot get what she needs from her own family, so she makes her family out of a friend from work and her family, a guy who is totally in love with her-but she is not so sure about, and a few dogs that she "steals". I think Shelby is raw but so interesting. I could see myself finding inspiration through some of the same venues that she did. Hoffman shows us that we can recover from something terrible, it may take time and help, but it can be done. Very inspiring!

*Thank you to Alice Hoffman, Simon and Schuster, and NetGalley for allowing me to read this e-arc in exchane for an honest review*


No comments:

Post a Comment