NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review: The Judge

    




WOW! I don't know what I was expecting, but I never thought it would be this good! Downey Jr. and Duvall put on some of their best performances. This is one that you need to quietly watch, no distractions, total attention. There are little hidden gems that you will miss along the way if you aren't paying attention.
      The story revolves around Downey Jr. who is a lawyer. He receives a phone call that he must return home, home to a place he hasn't been in years, and that he doesn't really want to return to.  His father is the local judge, a well respected pillar of the community. Father and son have never gotten along too well. The journey home reunites not only Father and Son, but a resentful brother, an ex-girlfriend, and tons of surprises along the way. It is an exploration of family. The ride is slow, but so worth the trip. I laughed, I cried, I was touched, and I enjoyed myself.

The Judge 2014 film poster.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment