NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Thursday, April 2, 2015

True Crime Review

Today I finished Bogeyman: He Was Every Parent's  Nightmare, by Steve Jackson. I have read many true crime stories, but never read Steve Jackson. I was impressed with the fact that he was able to take each part of the story into consideration. He gave us details about everyone involved, from the victims, the criminals, the investigators, and the families. I appreciated that I was able to see everyone's point of view and the eventual affects on all those included. So many true crime tales only tell us about the victim, or the crime, or the criminal. Very few books I have read include the details from the detectives and investigators, and the families of all involved. Presenting all of the stories to me gave me a better grasp on how horrifying this criminal was. The story stirred my emotions. I found myself sad, angry, and upset, but also relieved, sympathetic, and vindicated. It takes an excellent writer to make me feel all of these emotions. I especially appreciated the epilogue and the pictures. All of these added together made me amazed that this criminal got away with it all for so long. Thank God this criminal is locked up and can no longer hurt anyone else. My heart still aches for the families who are left without answers. I am looking forward to more by Steve Jackson!

Bogeyman: He Was Every Parent's Nightmare

You can find out more about Steve Jackson here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Jackson-Author/244561702257369

For his books check here: https://wildbluepress.com/authors/steve-jackson-bio

More about the criminal from this story is available here: http://www.murderpedia.org/male.P/p/penton-elliot-david.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment