NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Armchair BEA: Day Two: Visual Expressions and Social Media

Visual Expressions. When I hear those words the first thought that pops into my mind is rebus. Which brings me to The Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley Neitzel. A rebus is a picture that represents a word. Below is an example:



As an Early Childhood Education major I can tell you that children will memorize the story, which leads to reading comprehension. These are the best types of stories to read aloud as the youngsters love to shout out the words that are represented by the pictures.

The second thing that comes to mind with visual expression is the Walking Dead Compendium. Obviously this one is not for children due to language, pictures, and innuendos. I have never been a big comic book fan, but these compendiums are SO much more. I feel like I am watching a film unfold before my eyes. Sort of like the flip books we made as kids but slowed down in speed. If you are a lover of the Television show you really should check out the books. I am a new fan! Comics rule!

        


Social Media:   I am not the best at maintaining my presence on the social media hubs. But I am there and love to hear from everyone. Twitter is so much fun. You really should check out Maureen Johnson on there. She is hilarious!
https://twitter.com/videoclimber  Here is my Twitter link
You can find Maureen Johnson here: https://twitter.com/maureenjohnson

All of my links are listed at the side of the blog. If you have any questions or concerns or a link isn't working feel free to contact me.

Armchair BEA Headquarters

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a huge fan of the stories that interject pictures in the sentences and would get overly excited when a teacher would hand them out. I was slow to learn to read, so I think that I probably liked them more than most. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete