NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Book Review: One for Sorrow by Mary Downing Hahn

This book is set during the 1918 influenza epidemic. The story revolves around Annie and Elsie. Annie is the new girl at school. Elsie badly wants to be her best friend, but Annie doesn't like Elsie. What will happen when Elsie dies and returns as a vengeful ghost?

I usually love this author, but this book left me disappointed. The writing did not seem realistic from a historical perspective. These mean girls seemed a little modern for this time period. I didn't find the story creepy or scary. I think this book was just not my cup of tea. I am still a fan of Hahn but this is not one I would read again or give as a gift.


*Thank you to Mary Downing Hahn, NetGalley, and the publisher for granting my wish to read this book. In exchange I have given an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment