NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Book Review: I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara

I am so glad that Patton Oswalt saw to it that his wife's obsession was brought to print! I just wish Ms. McNamara was here to see that her dreams came true and this killer was caught! This is a very interesting book. You can see that Michelle was headed in the right direction, but was unable to connect the dots. Reading this was like having a discussion with a friend. I am a true crime addict, but have never found myself obsessed to the point that Michelle was. This obviously was an important part of her life. The ending is a little strange since the author was not here to finish her work. I honestly don't feel that the ending detracted from Michelle's story. I would have loved to see Michelle tackle some other cold cases. Bravo Michelle! Job well done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment