NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten TV Shows Based On Books

This week is a free topic week. So I am going to go with my favorite television shows that are based on books. Of course, we all know that the books are ALMOST always better then the movies or television shows. BUT, that doesn't mean that they are all terrible. Some of them are actually my favorites. So let's jump in!

If you would like to see all this weeks topics and lists, check them out here: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2016/06/top-ten-favorite-summer-activities-that.html

I am going to go with five series that are still on the air, and five that are no longer in production, but still excellent!

On the Air Now:

5. The Vampire Diaries
I really loved this series when it started out. Honestly, I haven't seen in for a few seasons, but a lot of my friends love it. I love to re-watch the older seasons.

4. The Leftovers
 I honestly have never gotten to watch the second season. I loved the first season and love that it is unique and original.  I have to get the second series this summer.

3. Pretty Little Liars
I have never read the series, but I love the show. It is a great mix of soap opera, suspense, and mystery.

2. Outlander
Once again, I have never read this series, although I hope to one day. I love the show. It is very well done. This one is not for youngsters.

1. Game of Thrones
Once again another series I have not read. I love the show. It is show full of action and science fiction drama. Once again not for the children.


No Longer On the Air:

5. Roswell
Another soap opera-drama, filled with teen angst, but SO good!!

4. True Blood
It is filled with paranormal action, and Eric Northman, so how can you not love it!
again, not for kids

3. Friday Night Lights
Honestly, I have read this book. I liked the book, but I loved the series. This one is safe for the family!

2. Haven
Another series I have yet to finish. My whole family likes to watch it because it has the perfect mix of drama, suspense, magic, and mystery.

1. Little House on the Prairie
What can I say? I still love it! It is perfect for all ages and teaches morals, values, and life lessons. Plus it is just good old fashioned fun!

What do you think? Did I miss any of your favorites? Do you not like my choices? Leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for stopping by!!!





1 comment:

  1. I love Pretty Little Liars TV series too (and I've never read the books either).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/top-ten-tuesday-63/

    ReplyDelete