NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Friday, February 8, 2019

Book Review: Postcards from Auschwitz - Holocaust Tourism and the Meaning of Remembrance by Daniel P. Reynolds

I did not like the style of the writing in this book. I felt like I was reading a book for my college class. This is way too wordy. Honestly, it was boring.
The only redemptive aspect of this book was that it introduced me to a few places that I had never heard about Chelmno and Belzec. I also had never heard about the Auschwitz Album.
Unfortunately, I have never been to any of these locations. I have met Eva Mozes Kor and been to her museum. I have also read many books about the Holocaust.
So while I do appreciate this book for introducing me to these locations and the album, I just couldn't enjoy this book because I felt so disconnected from the writing.

*Thank you to Daniel P. Reynolds, Netgalley, and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment