NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Book Review: The Girl from the Well

Rin Chupeco's writing style in this book was very unique. I actually think it helped add to the atmosphere of the book. It's not often that you get a ghost's point of view in a book. You do here. The scares are slow and creep up on you. There are also self contained scenes where the action is non-stop, and gory, and frightening. This one would make a perfect movie. I really loved all the creepy elements, the upside down girl, the possessed dolls, the unknown lurker. I wish I had loved the story. There were parts that I thought were Awesome, while others were just too drawn out for me and I honestly got a little bored. I think many readers will find this one scary, but go into it knowing that the writing style is unique and the storyline moves slowly.

The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco

No comments:

Post a Comment