NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Armchair BEA!!!!! Day One-Introductions

I always enjoy participating in Armchair BEA. I wish I had the money and the time to attend the actual event, but alas that is not going to happen.  I love meeting all the new bloggers throughout Armchair BEA and I look forward to it every year.

This blog is my little world where I get to review books and movies.  I enjoy talking to others about their recommendations and dislikes on these subjects. I live in a very small town that is not very helpful in the blogging department. My blog is basic. I recently acquired a MAC and I am still learning the ins and outs, so you won't see a lot of color or pictures, unless or until I get this all figured out. My blog may not look the best, but I put my best effort into it!

So onward to the answers to the questions:

1. Do you have a favorite book?   When I was young my mom had several reader's digest condensed books. I fell in love with The Suitcases by Anne Hall Whit. A few years back I was able to obtain a first issue of the complete book, it has been out of print for years. I finally was able to read the whole story. I have read it several times and have enjoyed it every time!

2. What is your favorite genre and why?   I really love YA.  Reading YA lets me escape into another world and relive my past. I also have a love for ghost stories and True Crime tales.

3. If you could recommend one book blogger, Who would it be, and why?  I would have to go with Bookhounds YA. I love the wide variety of reviews and giveaways. Their little pup makes me smile. AND they actually reply and interact , which is much appreciated!

4. If you could choose three characters to have lunch with, who would you choose, and why? I would choose Vivian from Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. I would love to hear her talk about her life and she just seems like someone I would connect with and could learn a lot from. I love history and she would bring it to life for me.    My second choice would be Caspian from The Hollow Series by Jessica Verday. The Hollow Series was the series that got me hooked on YA. Caspian is a favorite character and I would love to pick his brain. I cannot describe him or it would ruin the story for future readers.   My third choice would be Jenni from the As The World Dies series by Rhiannon Frater. She is a housewife, but so brave, and strong, and daring. She is who I would want to be if I was stuck in the zombie apocalypse.


Thanks to everyone that took the time to check out my blog! I appreciate new readers and love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. I just started reading some YA books. It is such a popular genre! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Reading to you too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres and I especially love when historical fiction meets YA like Libba Bray's Diviners series. Have you read those?

    My book club is reading Orphan Train now! So looking forward to diving into that one! Have a great ABEA week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have the Diviners on my TBR shelf I just have not gotten to it yet. I hope you enjoy Orphan Train as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete