NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim

See all the other Top Ten lists here: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/2016/05/ten-books-we-picked-up-on-whim.html

10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer   I normally do not like sic-fi. Books with cyborgs as the main character do not interest me. BUT, Cinder was Awesome!

 9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith   I do not like romance. How can a book set in an airport be interesting? I was wrong, I loved it!

 8. Crash by Lisa McMann    I had read others by McMann and was not that impressed. Crash sucked me in! Glad I gave it a chance!

 7. Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way by    I don't read self-help books. Some Christian books are off-putting. I was so surprised that Bittersweet was just what I needed to read. I even passed my copy on to a friend.

 6.  House of Prayer No.2: A Writer's Journey Home by Mark Richard   I love a good memoir but reading the book jacket did not suck me in. SO glad I gave it a try. Very well written and inspiring.

 5.  Ravensbruck by Sarah Helm   I very seldom tackle books that are over 600 pages. I could not put this one down. I even had to pay the late fee because someone had it on hold at the library, and I was not finished reading.

 4.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green     I had tried John Green before. I just could not get into his books. I picked this one up at the library and was blown away!

 3.  Vicious Little Darlings by   The cover was nothing special and the description did not sound special. This is honestly the most unique, strange, bizarre book I have ever read! If you like weird and different along with a head-scratching end...You must try this one!

 2.  The Hollow by   This was the first YA I had picked up in years. I really was desperate for something to grab my attention. I loved the whole series!!

 1.  Quiet Strength  by Tony Dungy    What could a football coach write that would be interesting or relevant to my life? This is one of my all time favorites and I have gifted several copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment