NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Monday, October 21, 2019

Book Review: The Chain by Adrian McKinty

I read an ARC of this book. The first half was suspenseful and interesting. I was really enjoying the story and had no idea who was smart enough to hide all these kidnappings.
The second half fell apart for me when the chain leader is revealed by accident. In the ARC copy, a character is referred to by another's name, this makes it obvious who the bad guy is. Mind you the "bad guy" is totally revealed a few chapters later...but still. I have read a lot of ARC copies and never seen this happen. I am wondering if anyone else caught it (chapter 63...5th paragraph). I was absolutely sure I knew who it was but this was a dead giveaway and ruined the end of the story. I hope they fixed it before final copies came out.

*Thank you to the author and publisher for providing me with an advanced print copy of this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment