NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Book Review: Surviving Dirty John by Debra Newell, William Phelps


 I appreciate getting to hear the victims' actual stories. I really am bothered by anyone who blames the victim. I believe it happened a lot with this case. Until you have been in an abusive situation, you have no idea how hard it is.

Ms. Newell made unwise decisions, mainly because she was manipulated and scared. John could have slaughtered her family and she did what she thought was best to protect them. I truly hope Ms. Newell can move on and find happiness. I appreciate the work she and her daughter are doing to help other victims.

If you have seen the tv show and want more insight into what actually happened, this book will give you a new perspective.


* Thank you to Netgalley, Debra Newell, William Phelps, and the publisher for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment