NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Book Review: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I really loved Sepetys first book, Between Shades of Gray. I love the fact that she takes little known facts from history and builds exciting fiction around them. I also enjoyed her second book, Out of the Easy, but not quite as much as Between Shades of Gray. This one for me fell somewhere between the two. Sepetys once again takes a little known historical story and builds a fictional tale around it. Four characters cross paths, and you will get to know them all. I was glad she had short chapters, as I did have a bit of a hard time keeping the characters straight. She did do a wonderful job of fleshing out her characters and making you live their feelings. The ending made me smile, although I am not sure it was realistic. I am awaiting Ruta Sepetys fourth novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment