NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Movie Review: The Martian

First of all I should say that this is not normally something I would pick to watch. My husband wanted to watch it, so I decided to give it a try. I was very surprised that I truly enjoyed the movie! Matt Damon does a wonderful job of showing his emotional range throughout. Obviously, you might have to suspend some disbelief on certain parts of this one. I did find it interesting how he was able to survive, believable...maybe not....but interesting none the less.  I was surprised that the movie held my attention. I expected it to become boring but for me it moved along at just the right pace and the flashes back to the other astronauts and those who were watching out for him, helped to break up the monotony. I would not consider this a comedy, although I did laugh in a few parts. I am not so sure that another actor could have pulled off the role.


No comments:

Post a Comment