NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Movie Review: Straight Outta Compton

Well first I must say that I consider this type of rap one of my favorite music genres from way back! I am not sure what I was expecting for the movie.....but I was blown away!! I really think this one should have been up for best picture. The main characters did such a great job stepping into the shoes of these greats! I guess, looking in from the outside, we probably all assume that artists have it easy. This movie might change your mind about that! I knew that NWA was groundbreaking, but I guess I never really understood what they had to go through to get their voices out there! I have a newfound appreciation for these Rap Masters!

No comments:

Post a Comment