NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hexed by Michelle Krys

This is a very hard book for me to write a review for. I truly hoped and felt I would love the story. I love YA and I love a good witch story. This one for me, was a disappointment.  The characters were not enjoyable. I found myself wishing some of them would die off, just so I wouldn't have to read about them anymore. I found myself rooting for the "bad guys" and enjoying their story so much more than that of the main characters.
Indigo, the main character of the novel, was rude and annoying. Bishop, her love interest, was even more annoying than she was. I found the character of Paige to be about the only character that was even slightly likeable.  I don't know about all of you, but for me character development is a must, and I just didn't find it in this story.
I really felt the story should be geared to middle grade readers. There is nothing wrong with middle grade books, I just didn't feel this story was adult enough for a young adult novel. I found several points in the storyline to be downright childish. For instance, the dragon, I have no problem at all with a well written dragon. I didn't see where this particular one fit into the story in any way, shape, or form. He also was written like something out of a cartoon. I truly believe that the dragon detracted from the storyline and that the whole scene should have been left out of the story.
I really hate to leave reviews of books I don't enjoy. I do know that several bloggers just loved this story and are looking forward to the rest of the series. I don't think I will be searching out the series, although I may try the author again if she ever writes a new series.
Hexed (Hexed, #1)

Michelle Krys can be found at: http://michellekrys.com/

**This book was provided to me by BookDivas in exchange for a review on their website: http://www.bookdivas.com/


What do you think? Anyone disagree and love the story? I have a feeling I am in the major minority on this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment