NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Demonologist by Gerald Brittle

The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren

Okay, so this was supposed to be a wonderful read. I love a good ghost story. I am obsessed with haunted houses. I am a scary movie fan. I loved The Conjuring movie. However, I did not like this book. The writing was subpar at best. The story was very dated as it was set during the 60's, and 70's.
Since this is an older book that was re-released, an update to the story would have been a wonderful addition to the book. Gerald Brittle borders on obsessed with Ed Warren. He is almost worshiping at the altar of Ed. Lorraine is not included nearly enough. I find her to be very interesting and would have liked to learn more about her. Someone who knows how to write should write a book on her life, not just her career, but her life story. I know I would read it. Anyway, back to this book. There was way too much repetition and most of the story was just boring. There were a few interesting tidbits included about a few of their cases. In my opinion those few little things didn't warrant reading the whole book. I guess my final opinion is that if you want to know more about The Warrens, just watch The Conjuring movie. If I remember correctly the extras include something about Lorraine. The movie was WAY more interesting than this book.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Lorraine? Do you love The Conjuring movie, or hate it?

A trailer for the new film Annabelle can be seen here http://annabellemovie.com/
More about Lorraine can be found at http://www.warrens.net/

Truly if you want to find out more I recommend just checking out the Warren's website. It is so much easier to get through than this book was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment