NetGalley

  • Professional Reader
  • 2016 NetGalley Challenge
  • Reviews Published
  • 100 Book Reviews

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review- Benton: A Zombie Novel: Volume One

Benton by Jolie du Pre

I love my little zombie gems, and this one is my new favorite. I did have a problem with the one erotic scene, totally not my cup of tea, and not needed. The beginning will grab you, Jennifer is in her early twenties, holed up in her room, watching her mom out the window. The problem is that Jennifer has been in her room for six weeks and her mom is a zombie. That opening is so well written and totally drew me into Jen's story. This novel moves at such a fast pace that you feel like you are on a rollercoaster, in a good way! If you love action, drama, and gore, this is a great mix of all three. The novel does end with a cliffhanger, but I knew that was coming (Volume 1). I am looking forward to Volume 2 and seeing what happens to my new favorite zombie fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment